Serious Interested Parties often travel from other parts of Washington State
or even fly in from other states to visit us.
Minimum height: 4 ft 8 inches- 6 ft
Weight limit: 150-180 lbs depending on horse.
-Some want to get the most out of an upcoming Icelandic Horse vacation or just back from one.
-Many are curious about experiencing the breed without traveling all the way to Iceland.
-A few have a dream of Icelandic horse ownership but are not sure how to go about it.
-Others want to take their riding and horsemanship overall to the next level with their Icelandic Horse.
We can do 2.5 hr/day for 1 or 2 days.
We can customize the program to suit your needs.
Two-person minimum. If you are a pair, we can pair you with another if given enough notice.
- Icelandic Horse Basics: Learn about their history, character, and what makes the breed special.
- Icelandic Horse Gaits: From a demonstration on the ground and in the saddle to how to recognize them.
- Rider Assessment & Instruction on the Ground: From tack selection to checking your balance, hands, and leg position, we create awareness and provide recommendations before introducing a horse to the equation.
- Horsemanship Experience in the Round Pen: Learn to read a horse's personality and body language while directing it both on a lead rope and at liberty.
- Icelandic Riding Experience: Try one or two Icelandic horses in our 60-foot round arena and ride on the mini track at a Walk/Tolt. When you are able to do the basics, ride with an instructor leading you as you work on transitions, tempo/rhythm, responsiveness, turns, etc. beautiful park trails.
- Horse/Human Enrichment- Horse Grooming and Massage, Horse Feeding in the Pasture, Horse Training Tricks
Especially for Current Horse Owners:
- Natural Horse-Keeping of Pairs and the Herd: How to use corral panels and hot wiring.
- Training Area Options: How to build a Covered round pen, mini track, long track.
- Saddle Options for Icelandic Horses: Dressage, treeless, gaited, hybrids, and more.
- Bit Options for Icelandic Horses: Kimberwick, Snaffles- Jointed or Single Port, Curb Bit, Gaited.
- Gait Training and Conditioning Made Easy to gait faster and smoother: Using Ground Poles and a Round Pen.